Census Jobs in Montana
The U.S. Census Bureau continues to recruit thousands of workers for temporary jobs available nationwide in advance of the 2020 Census. Jobs offer flexible schedules, pay a starting wage of $17- $19.50 an hour and require no related experience. You must be 18 years old, a U.S. Citizen, and complete a background check to be hired.
- Recruiting assistants travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities.
- Office operations supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
- Census field supervisors conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers, and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues such as not gaining entry to restricted areas.
- Census takers work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home such as in the evening and on weekends.